Saturday, January 7, 2012

Garlic Carrots (Raw)

Here at Red Planet we are busy eating our storage food including: squash, carrots, potatoes, canned tomatoes, and pickles. We also have some great salad mixes in the ground still that we are slowly eating. 

I want to share a recipe though that I created recently because I had carrots on hand and I love garlic! A couple of years ago I had a Russian dish that included carrots and garlic in their raw state and this recipe is my way of trying to re-create those tastes. Your breath will not be at its best after eating this but really, if you ask me, that shouldn't matter. It is too delicious and healthy to let garlic breath stop you.


 
INGREDIENTS
6 larger-sized carrots
3 cloves of garlic
1Tbls Mirin (an asian sweet rice vinegar) or regular rice vinegar
2 tsp agave (or 2t simple sugar)
1/2 tsp (or to taste) salt

METHOD
1. Grate carrots and put into a medium sized bowl.


2. Mince the garlic and put in same bowl.


3. Pour Mirin, agave, and salt into bowl.
4. Mix together.


5. You could eat it now or stick it in a jar and put in the fridge to let the flavors mix together a bit more. Pull it out of the fridge when you need a snack and want to give that bag of chips a rest.


Enjoy!
- Emily

No comments: