Saturday, August 18, 2012

Season 2 :: Week 2

We have been bad communicators lately so I apologize for that. We were not at the FPM last week because of a family wedding and then we took a mini vacation part of this week. With the mini vacation, that meant we had A LOT to harvest when we returned home Thursday. But luckily, you will benefit because we are taking many great things to Market this week.

Unfortunately though I didn't have time to create a recipe (as I was harvesting until dark the past two nights). I can give you a little tip though about how we have been eating our veggies pretty much every night this week because it is so delicious. I have been chopping veggies, mostly zucchini and squash, marinating them in soy sauce, pepper, and curry powder for about 15 minutes, and then grilling them until they are soft and delicious!




Anyway, we are off to the FPM here soon and here is what we are bringing with us:


- Yellow and Purple Beans
- Fingerling Potatoes
- Cucumbers
- Green Peppers
- Jalapenos
- Salad Mix
- Squash
- Kale
- Leaf Cabbage
- Carrots (orange and purple mix)
- Beets (golden and red/white striped)
- Garlic
- Flowers

Come visit us. If I may recommend something to you for this week, it would be the beans. They are the best beans I have eaten. No joke!

Even the "farm" cats missed us this week!

Emily

No comments: